Tuesday 1 November 2011

live another day


As usual I'll be away and tuned on Radar driving by morning. So this turn I want to remind in time that António Sérgio is gone two years ago.
In this post we have two songs and two artists (Tom Verlaine and Baby Dee) that only AS presented for an important audience that followed him religiously.
We have what I always classified as the most amazing of the most covered song of Robert Zimmerman (as AS used to call him). From "Blow Up", a very exclusive live album, wich AS played entirely at least two times! It was monumental!
Then we have a beautiful song that I posted before here. It says it all: "As songs that go forgotten, are found, remembered, loved and sung again... And if I can remain there, and if I can remain there, I will stay. And I will live another day... Safe, inside the day, inside the song. Safe inside ..."

6 comments:

valerie walsh said...

What a beautiful post! i love this song by Baby Dee! amazing, tender and i have to say thank you for playing this :} i bet the wolf is smiling.

asperezas said...

As much as I could (the signal is very weak where I was) I listened to RADAR Radio today. All day long they played AS recorded emissions without any interruption.

30 years separate these two pieces.
I tried in this post to show one of the first and one of the last most unknown musics and artists presented by AS in his career promoting Alternative Music mostly.

The first song's rude registration becomes glorious because they played so good.
This Punk band used to make the 1st parts of Patti Smith's concerts and now they were on their own shows.
The way they transformed this song is amazing and the guitar solos are just stunning.

About Baby Dee I haven't much to say 'cause it's almost said (or shown) here 3 years ago...
Just want to agree with you Val, that the wolf must be smiling. He loved this song very much and he took its beautiful message long time before :)

valerie walsh said...

wow 30 years! very cool :) you made a really great post here! yes, the guitar work is stunning, that is the right wording and i was not coming to Kom is 2008 so somehow i missed Baby Dee but i am so happy to hear now! great post Peras :}

asperezas said...

Thanks Vallie :}
This is just a short reminder of the magic that the Wolf presented every day for so long for so many :)

valerie walsh said...

can you see this?

asperezas said...

No, but now I posted another as it was, I guess... :)