Thursday 9 December 2010

Late 30 years later

À gauche, moi et Martine à la Gare Saint Lazare à Paris en Octobre 1980.
As I told here before, we loved to talk a lot about music of course...
One month after this photo I wrote to her telling about the brand new album of Lennon. Different but discreet and very good. She said nothing. A mad being had killed him.
This post is 2 days late.
I only noticed about the 30th anniversary of the death of John Lennon after reading a late (again) newsletter.
Symbolically the time of this post will be marked with the Lisbon's hour and date of his death.
Below there's an acoustic version of the song I like most from his last album: "Watching the wheels" ... just had to let it go...

6 comments:

andrea said...

That one fuzzy photo says so much. As for Lennon, it is the one assassination that I will remember vividly forever, sitting in my kiosk, ignoring customers and waiting for radio news updates!

asperezas said...

:-) fuzzy, right. Many people here were in shock because nobody expected such a thing... And after all we was part of their lifes in their best moments. For other as me there were a big feeling of revolt...

valerie walsh said...

very good tribute post!

asperezas said...

Thank you Vallie.
It's a sad post of course with a slight "remembrance of friends and the past" as you said in FB :)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard this one! Beatiful.

asperezas said...

Hello Senta :-)
I bet you know the version of the album "Double Fantasy" :-)
This a private previous one (I think)...