Saturday 9 June 2018

L'amour, c'est quoi?




She lived in the forest .. In a hut, as she said .. She used to sleep when she wanted .. Never worked

Sarong knotted in the back .. Fruits, flowers and birds .. The taste of salt on her skin .. She was beautiful, I was handsome

Under a canopy of tulle .. A candle, a moonlight .. Our two bodies in a bubble .. Heart and fortune

We did not talk about love .. What is love? .. We never spoke of love .. The great love did not exist

She smoked, I kissed her .. She cooked, I hugged her .. She was dancing, I was singing .. In English, in Javanese

Naked under my apron I revived .. Abandoned under scented kisses

We did not talk about love .. What is love? .. We never spoke of love .. The great love did not exist

It was love. I know .. Until the end of July .. She smiled, but I guessed .. The wind had turned

Distraught by the Scarecrow .. What a monumental mistake .. Love, the true, the beautiful .. Had run off