Sunday 14 May 2017

Eurovision: music won again

Eurovision Song Contest once was a festival where some of the most beautiful songs in Europe could compete.
However, many of the best songs could never win due to some kind of mafia ruling the record market.
By the early 70's, the festival turned into a hateful cheesy horror contest of high notes performances wrapped in some fashion rhythm with some few exceptions, like Sébastien Tellier with a song that I've already posted here without mentioning the creepy festival.
Things started to change a bit not only because the record companies are not the kings of the music industry anymore, but also because in this competition there's this new rule of the audience voting. And you can't vote for your own country.
I never ever imagined myself making a post like this. To show you how I hate this festival, I even did not know this song at all.
But this time, music won again.
I made a translation (bellow the 1st clip) of this beautiful song, entirely composed by our (here in KoM) well known Luísa Sobral, to be sung by her brother Salvador.
Here he is, taking his sister to the stage for the final honour encore:

If someday someone asks about me - say that I lived to love you. - Before you, I merely existed - tired, with nothing to give.

My darling, listen to my prayers. - I beg you to come back, to want me again - I know, you can't love alone - maybe sweetly you might learn again. (2x)

If your heart won't wish to give in - feeling no passion, wishing no suffering - without planning whats coming after - my heart can love for us both.

Here's the 1st public presentation of this song:

And here's Luisa singing the same song:

Have a lovely Sunday, have a beautiful week :}

4 comments:

valerie walsh said...

So Beautiful!! Congratulations Portugal! :}

asperezas said...

:D thank yooooou :}
Remade this post with a translation of mine :^|
All the others are terrible :P :D

valerie walsh said...

WOW! I had no idea what he was singing but he brings tears to my eyes and now it makes sense ;) so, so beautiful! Thank you :}

asperezas said...

Awww :}
Thank you too :)