Saturday 14 August 2010

song to the siren

(Continuing the last post) Some years later, Elizabeth Fraser met Tim Buckley's son, Jeff. It is public that they had an intense relationship. In 1994 Liz made a duet with Jeff to a Jeff's new song and they recorded an almost private rehearsal that has never released commercially. The song is called "All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun" and was 1st presented to my country by Ri.Ma. as I told here as acknowledgment to Ri.Ma. about this original post that he commented too. In 1997 Jeff fell deep in Mississippi waters near Memphis where he lived. He used to swim in the river but this time he was all dressed and with boots on a boat singing "whole lotta love" with some friends. His experience was not enough to take off the boots. No one will know if he found any siren to sing lotta love or even his father on a rock at the bottom of Mississippi waiting for his siren. What we know is that Liz and the Cocteau Twins with This Mortal Coil made the first and the most stunning version of a song born "folky". And it is this version of 1984 that David Lynch used in "Lost Highway" as some other filmmakers.

The original of Tim Buckley is posted here.

2 comments:

valerie walsh said...

I believe this is the version that was used for The Lovely Bones. I feel a little embarrassed to say this so openly bit this song makes me cry every time I hear it, even when Tim Buckley sings it. It touches something deep inside me and I cannot help but cry :( As I said on your fb it is super cool that Ri.Ma commented and that makes it special too. I am so glad you posted all of this because I learned alot and I am happy to know more about these 3 amazing people.

asperezas said...

Hi Val Pal!
:-)
Yes it was this version you heard.
There are touching songs and this is really one.