Wednesday 10 November 2010

The Avett Brothers

I have a weakness for country/folk music that doesn't sound as polished and contrived as a lot of more mainstream country sounds (in my humble opinion of course!)...the Avett brothers are one of my favorites, some of their songs are super twangy and some sound a bit more rock-country, but they all have great lyrics. So I'm posting a few different examples, hope that's ok! I'm interested to hear what you think, I've had a few friends say they don't like them at all. Way twangy but the lyrics make me smile: So romantic!:

6 comments:

asperezas said...

:-)
1st comment for the 1st song: I didn't know this band at all but this is a very cool song, pretty good for KoM spirit :-)
Loved it!
Welcome back Senta!
Now the 2nd...

asperezas said...

2nd song
I think I heard this before from (AS?... who else could it be?) ...
This doubt led me to look about this band and that's it: on the road since 2000.
This is a fantastic song. So amusing!
:D

asperezas said...

3rd song: love dancing song :-)

valerie walsh said...

I love the way you posted 3 different impressions of one band! very cool :) the first song is so great, i love the lyrics and the clip is fantastic :)
the second one is very funny and the 3rd is very soulful! I have never heard and i have a thing for bluegrass, country and who can resist a banjo ;)

Anonymous said...

I did not know they have been around so long, that is so cool. Hopefully they'll keep making music for a long time to come!

Val, I know I can't resist a banjo, haha! That and a slide guitar ;)

asperezas said...

I bet they will Senta. They've been nice kids :D